oldtown758

I have Verizon internet from a deal with Direct TV.  Since my installation on July 30 I have been experienceing slow internet speed.  The first few calls were dealt with through automated instructions guiding through the steps to reset my modem.  After continued problems I began bypassing all the automated messages in order to speak with an agent.  Once I was told that the modem was the problem and they'll bypass it through their modem at Verizon.  It worked for a day or two.  I was resetting the modem every 12 to 24 hours for the next week or so. On another call I was told the modem is fine, it just need to be refreshed by resetting it. 

I then decided to try the online chat knowing what would be said if I spoke with an agent.   I asked to have a repairman out to look at my modem and explained the resetting.  They set up an appointment and the repairman came.  I was informed of a charge if it was internal, but I said okay, because I need reliable internet.  The repairman checked the line from the pole to Verizon, then the pole to my house.  Then he came inside and checked the line to the modem. All was good.  He then explained something about the distance between Verizon and my house, which was within the good range.  Then he made a call and informed me that they slowed my modem/signal from 5 megs to 3 megs and that should solve it. 

I was informed by the repairman that I should call Verizon and explain what he did and to ask that they keep it at 3 megs.  When I called they informed me that it was fixed on my end by the repairman and that they could do nothing.  The repairman informed me that what he did would last a couple of hours only if I didn't let Verizon know.  But Verizon said that they couldn't do anything.

I am back to the 12 to 24 hour, mostly 12 hour resetting. This has been going on since my installation and I have yet to have reliable internet.  What is a customer to do when they get mixed messages and not what they paid for.  If the bill isn't paid on time I get a remider or lose service.  But if I don't have service, what am I actually paying for?  

I read earlier answers from Verizon to others about the lower rating Comcast gets.   I had Comcast internet and it was 100% reliable and absolutely never went out.  I ditched Comcast cable and internet because the pricing was out of control and swithced to Direct TV and Verizon internet all to save about $40 a month.  My mistake, as Verizon internet does not work. 

Is there any way for this to get solved and if not, is thee a way to get out of my contract?  I hate to crawl back, but I will have to suck it up and call Comcast.  Please tell me otherwise.  

0 Likes
Re: DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What modem did Verizon give you to use? If you can get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem, that will be a start.

0 Likes
Re: DSL
oldtown758
It's a D-Link router. So far nothing but problems. Resetting it daily has added a whole new meaning to reliable internet. Can I request a different router?
0 Likes