Download problem?
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

what kind of problem is this? iam downloading a file with good speed then it just freezes/ i paused it and then resumed it to finish the download?

0 Likes
Re: Download problem?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Packet loss or Integrity issue causing stalls, or actual connection drops. Take note if you are unable to browse the Internet while your downloads have paused. Also, try moving your computer from Wired to Wireless, or Wireless to Wired based on how you're currently connected to make sure we're not seeing an issue from faulty hardware.

0 Likes
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

internet will still work when the download stopped/wired connection/happens to all computer wireless or wired

when i do a speedtest on speakeasy it will start around 0-1.5 mbps for like the first half of the test and then it goes rocktet up to the 5 mbps mark in the final part of the test

0 Likes
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Must be a bad day today. Conveniently my line which was working flawlessly up to an hour ago just started exhibiting it's annual "Let's break everything!" problem. I'm getting 5% packet loss as well, along with reduced speeds. I've got someone looking into it now, but you'll need to work with Verizon to get that packet loss issue resolved.

0 Likes
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

ahaha okay....im gonna tell them to change my dslam....cause the network tech guy told me to dooo it but i said no ..hopefully that will work!

0 Likes
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

it is really annoying, watching a livestream from twitch.tv i lag like crazy even tho my connection is faster than b4 and when playing a game online i get disconnected from server all of a sudden.....SIGHHHH SAVEEEE MEEEEEEE SMITTHH ahaha just kidding 😛

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure your connection isn't dropping out. If you could give me your Transceiver Statistics with the higher speed during the evening hours, that would be great to see.

My line's working normally agan after a few hours spell where it broke. Packet loss is gone and speeds are back. I don't miss the days where such a problem would last for a few days. That was back in my days of being at 768kbps/128kbps (I played games on that too) where I'd deal with 80ms ping and 300kbps maximum transfer rates.

0 Likes
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

dunno how to get the traceiver stats from a D-Link DSL-2750B Board

0 Likes
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

my connection will turn to crap when it is being used like when i download or watching livestream/packets loss

when it is somewhat idle or idle  http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest/6c7b83746742/3019779?r=271

even tho the speedtest is faster than my past 3 mbps/performance wise its worst so sad

0 Likes