Ethernet status is down in router settings
Cody4813
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a problem. I can not make any ethernet connections. I got a replacement router and still nothing. In the router settings  (http://192.168.1.1) the connection summary says ethernet is down.

Re: Ethernet status is down in router settings
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Are you talking about Ethernet WAN or the ethernet LAN interface that is down.

0 Likes
Cody4813
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good question. I have no clue what the difference between them is.

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The Ethernet WAN connection is the incoming internet signal to the router. If you have no internet anywhere in your house and if ondemand does not work, that will mean your WAN connection is probably down. You could also potentially have a COAX WAN connection that will bring your internet to the router over the coax cord. If your ethernet LAN connection is down, that means the computers connected directly to the router with a cord will not work. The resolution to fix your problem is different depending on which is down. Please let us know. Also would be helpful if you post which lights are lit up on the router.

Cody4813
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is definately the LAN because the Wifi is perfectly fine. None of the port lights come on when you plug a computer or my xbox into them.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Ok, if the factory reset didnt fix that then we will need to replace it. I have sent you a private message to get some account info from you

0 Likes
joancrawford
wifi works the ethernet status is down its the LAN by the way the lights come on to my xbox but when i play i have bad connection i never had a problem before but this is really starting to upset me i keep lagging and glitching and can barely hear my friends speak because of the status bars in my game going from yellow to red when its suppose to be green... What should i do to fix it? Help please!
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I do want to confirm: Even with a replacement unit, the Ethernet is indicating it is down? Have you ensured your PCs and your Xbox are not using something along the lines of a Crossover cable with the router, and have you also checked to ensure the Ethernet ports (NICs) are actually enabled? I don't think there is a way to disable the one on the Xbox, but on a PC there is certainly a way.

0 Likes