Extend FIOS fiber optic cable which is going into ONT
amp5121

I have a singlemode (OS2) fiber cable coming into my house from the pole, the cable has SC connector (simplex) which attaches to the VZ FIOS ONT box. Currently this cable comes from a pole which is in my front yard and it is an overhead drop. I am moving all my utilities underground including Electrical and Cable and I would like to do the same for FIOS. The electrical contractor, said he can only move electrical service after the town does the inspection for the underground conduit however electrical contractor is running two 1.5" conduits for Cable and FIOS in addition to 3" conduit for main electrical line. The FIOS fiber drop which comes from outside can't reach through underground conduit so I would like to pull the fiber back at the pole, coil up the cable and attach an outdoor rated single mode simplex SC coupler and buy my own outdoor rated singlemode simplex cable with SC connector which I will have my electrician pull through the conduit. Will this work or do I need VZ to run a new fiber from the pole or few poles away where it is actually spliced at and run a new fiber feed?image

0 Likes
Re: Extend FIOS fiber optic cable which is going into ONT
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi amp512,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes