FIOS 25/25 and wifi access
go2rjmsn
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I recently moved I had to upgrade to a new plan. There was a new feature I was told about Verizon wifi for notebooks at Verizon locations. I believe there was suppose to be a software download. Does anyone know anything about where to get the download?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS 25/25 and wifi access
go2rjmsn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Disregard, found the download but it is not compatible with ACER Aspireone AO751H

Thanks anyway

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I'm curious, why is it not compatible with that laptop?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the Wifi is also not available on the 25/25 speed anymore. Its only available on the 35/35 speed now.

0 Likes
lml999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still seems to be offered on my 25/25 plan, which I picked up last week.

Of course, actually finding and installing the software has been a bit of a PITA. Here's the latest:

Verizon Wi-Fi Installer 1.0 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.3.

3.6.3 is the current version. **bleep**?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lml999 wrote:

Still seems to be offered on my 25/25 plan, which I picked up last week.

Of course, actually finding and installing the software has been a bit of a PITA. Here's the latest:

Verizon Wi-Fi Installer 1.0 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.3.

3.6.3 is the current version. **bleep**?

Think you'll find the the wifi client is only compatible with IE.

More of an issue is finding somewhere that you can use it 0 I've had it installed for 6 months and still have never found anywhere.

Lugging a LT around is a pain, this would only become useful if they developed it as something like an iphone app, not likey as it's a massive install.

What word did you get bleeped out?  I found that s t u p i d is not allowed