FIOS Internet ridiculously slow
njneh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi All,

Ive had optimum for years. Switched to FIOS last Friday for the faster speeds. HAH!!! Ive never gotten over 200mbps but most of the time its 90. Ive spoken to 3 verizon customer service reps on 3 separate days and ran through multiple diagnostic tests. They all separately concluded it was not my problem but something on their end. 2 different reps came to my home. Yesterday they switched out their ONT. No difference. Today 2 reps came together to trouble shoot. They connected their laptop and checked on speedtest.verizon.net and got upload speeds of 400-900. They thought it was fine. When I had them go to speedtest.net or fast.com we were only getting 90-100mbps.  My optimum was faster than this. Ive never had issues streaming Netflix or other sites until now. Especially now with kids home doing home schooling I need the speeds. Ive also tested my optimum and can easily get 150 - 200mbps. 

Any thoughts before I cancel my FIOS less than 1 week in?

TIA

Re: FIOS Internet ridiculously slow
njneh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone? Please!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet ridiculously slow
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nehsmit,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes