FIOS Quantum router login appears to be corrupt/not functioning correctly
JCDinPGH

Last night, my wifi stopped working for no apprarent reason. I figured ok, I'll just reboot it. Usually I just login via SSH and run the reboot command. When I logged in, I was taken to a shell. The "system" command doesn't exist at all. (reboot command is "system reboot" if I remember correctly). The only commands available via command line were standard linux commands like ls etc. The directory structure also looks just like linux. Also, when I login via SSH, There is a "Could not chdir to home directory /chroot: No such file or directory" message. There is no /chroot directory. I'm not sure what went wrong or how it ended up like this. I have reset the router by pulling the power to it and the wifi is back, but the directory structure is still not right. I could reset the defaults on the router but I have a lot of custom ports and settings and want to make sure I can restore them via a configuration upload. It has never worked for me in the past. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Quantum router login appears to be corrupt/not functioning correctly
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a saved config, you should be able to reload it (I have done it once or twice). What model router do you have?

Either a factory reset will work or it has failed.

0 Likes