FIOS Verification
Chris51982

Numerous websites that stream episodes (cbs.com, abc.go.com, usenetwork.com) require me to go verifiy my subscription with fios.  Fine.   I enter the user name and password when redirected to the verizon.com site.  I'm then sent back to the previous site to watch the video, but am asked to log in again as if I hadn't done anything.  Why is my subscription not being recognized?  I requested a friend log into the sites from my pc with a different provider, and there had no issue.   This seems to only be a fios problem.   I've tried all the regular log-in fixes(clearing cookies/cache/logging in/out) and nothing seems to correct this.  Is there anything that can be done? 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Verification
quagmirish

This is precisely the issue I wrote about a week ago. I hope someone has a solution. I have tried it on multiple computers and various Operating systems.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

First make sure you have cleared your Browser cache.

You are asking peers here.  The following is a solution I have posted many times.

A bunch of things lead to problems loging into HBO GO and many other Online Channel sites.

• You must get HBO (or whatever channel you are trying to use) from Verizon
  • At least the first time you may first have to sign out of the Verizon site.  It gets confused easily.
  • You must allow third party cookies
  • For PC's you must be running Flash, Flash must be allowed to store info for third parties.  I don't know what is used on Apple IOS or Android devices instead of FLash.
  • You must not have your Browser options set to delete Information when exiting Browser.  Flash takes this as deleting information when exiting a site.

The general way it works is for you to go to HBO GO site.  Ask to look at something and it switches in a FRAME pointing to VERIZON and you signin. Verizon stores some information in flash and returns. That information must still be there so that HBO accepts you as authorized. 

0 Likes
Chris51982

Thank You for the reply however none of these seem to be the problem.   I deleted all the saved websites from the flash  settings, cleared cache and cookies, etc etc etc and the issue remains. 

0 Likes