FIOS and Bungie game Destiny connection issues
amcgee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Currently there are connection issues being experienced by FIOS customers in the US and Canada when connecting to the Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 versions of Bungies mmorpg Destiny. Various errors are being presented to the end user including error codes newt, lion, bee, eel, fly, anteater, groundhog, jackrabbit, coconut, quail, weasel and pineapple. Connections to the game server are interrupted after a short amount of time ranging from several seconds to several minutes. Further reports of this issue can be found on the Reddit Destiny forum at Reddit.com/r/Destiny and the Bungie forum http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Topics/0/0/None/Help

Re: FIOS and Bungie game Destiny connection issues
NeuroticNinja18
Please resolve
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This all happened following destiny's latest patch. I think any objective observer would be left wondering how this is a fios issue?     Wouldn't this be better directed to bungie network support so they can either revert the changes they made, or for them to get with experienced engineers to find out what happened? 

JAYT3MPO
Enthusiast - Level 1

First of all: thank you for starting this thread! I never had a problem with FIOS before, so this is defiantly disappointing for me.  I can’t into the game for more than 3 minutes before I get kick out. I must admit, I’m not your regular user type.  I know a thing or two of NAT, server, IT, etc. This is insane to say the least. I pay for the game, PSN service, and my internet. Whoever is responsible for this need to resolve it right away…..we are paying customers! This is not an option of:  “we working on it”.  Because if I can’t play the game for more than 24 hours, you can pretty much say good bye to me and a bunch of other gamers!

0 Likes
JAYT3MPO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hubrisnxs,

While I agree with you, once I change my NAT settings the game didn't kick me out as often.  Like I said on my previous post" I’m not your regular user", but is ridiculous to ask your average gamer to start messing with their network settings in order to play a video game. Bungie is working on it, trust me, they're also starting to **bleep** me off.....same goes to Sony (PSN) with their interruption of service that no one knows why they took place. However, they (all of them) should work together to fix the problem, I'm speaking here as a "paying customer" and I think this is pretty much the consensus among all of us!

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

This all happened following destiny's latest patch. I think any objective observer would be left wondering how this is a fios issue?     Wouldn't this be better directed to bungie network support so they can either revert the changes they made, or for them to get with experienced engineers to find out what happened? 

0 Likes
Behnry

I'm having the same issues. Couldn't play for more than five miutes at a time without being kicked. More than anything, I'd like to know that this is being worked on or even acknowledged. Many people from the NY, NJ, and DC areas are having issues with this. Whether it be Bungie or Verizon's fault, this needs to be resolved.

0 Likes
tensafefrogs

I also have connection issues (for 4-5 hours last night). Constantly kicked to orbit after 2-3 minutes in a game. Started sometime yesterday (it was working fine in the morning, then evening started disconnecting).

It could be bungie's fault with their new patch, but it seems odd that only fios customers seem to be having trouble and many others are doing fine.

Perhaps some combination of the two?

I didn't check this morning if it was working again, anyone else had luck connecting today?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes