Fios Connection Issues
NovaX

Ever since I moved to my new apartment in NYC and signed up with Verizon FioS Gigabit Internet, it has literally been miserable trying to get a month of solid service. Over the past four months, I've had a cumulative total of more than 10 days without service. Each time, they say it's a different issue and that some cable was cut as they delay and delay the estimated repair time. 

For context, there is a lot of construction around me right now, where they are demo'ing a building across from me and then building a new one. Considering that colleagues of mine have not had a day of interrupted service, it can be concluded that the local construction is damaging Verizon's wires. What I cannot begin to comprehend is that Verizon is doing nothing about this situation. Whatever that crew is doing, they keep damaging the wires time and time again, even destabilizing the connection when it does go through. Yet Verizon hasn't done anything about it, and the issue keeps on happening.

Whenever the connection goes down, it usually leads to me calling/messaging them asking when it will be repaired. Without fail, every time I'm told it will be repaired ASAP in the morning when they send the crew. And again without fail, every morning they "send" a crew out that cannot access the site because construction is there. Of course the construction crew is there the entire day, then the night rolls around and then the technician team is no longer on the clock. Rinse and repeat, and now the days without service is understandable.

So all in all, either deal with the construction crew that seems to be damaging your wires (assuming this is true, because otherwise the technicians just simply aren't properly installing wires at all in the first place which is a larger issue), or figure out a way around this because this is getting way out of hand. Moreover, I know for a fact that this issue plagues ~50 customers to the point where it's probably worth informing building management.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Connection Issues
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NovaX,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes