Fios Network Extender Coax light is never on
AlexD2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just received my FNE. Has anyone encountered an issue where the FNE coax light does not go on?

I tried 3 different coax outlets with the same results...no coax light. I used ones where an STB was previously connected to so I think there should be enough signal strength. I didn't even bother splitting it and connected it directly to the outlet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Alex

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Network Extender Coax light is never on
AlexD2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. I called up Verizon today and they agreed it's something with the extender. They will be shipping me a new one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you get to Step 4 here and it does not occur time to get them to send you a new one.

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/verizonwcb3000n_qs12.pdf

0 Likes
AlexD2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. I called up Verizon today and they agreed it's something with the extender. They will be shipping me a new one.

0 Likes
DaveS008

I have Directv satellite and FIOS interenet service. The wifi extender has to be connected to coax that is coming off the FIOS connected coax. It does not work off the DIRECTV coax. The extender would not recognize the signal when connected to the DIRECTV coax but works when connected to the FIOS coax. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's also important to not connect FiOS and DirecTV Coax together. They need to remain separate. DirecTV uses a different Coax networking technology for Multi-room DVR and for providing set top boxes Internet connectivity. In addition, the FiOS ONT is effectively a full cable node inside of itself, and can backfeed the dish... not something you want to be doing :-).

0 Likes