Fios Quantum Guest Network
tho9504

Hello,

i have verizon fios Quantum gateway router with guest network. i wanted to temperoraly link my chromecast to the Guest Network so when my friends come over, i could give them my guest network password and they all could cast from their own phone. But for some reason the devices on guest network does NOT talk to each other. If i link my chromecast to Guest network and my iphone to guest network, i cannot see the chromecast? is there a way that they could talk to each other in the guest network.

It works perfectly fine on the main network, but i dont want to give away my main network password to my friends.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Quantum Guest Network
jonjones1
Legend

@tho9504 wrote:

Hello,

i have verizon fios Quantum gateway router with guest network. i wanted to temperoraly link my chromecast to the Guest Network so when my friends come over, i could give them my guest network password and they all could cast from their own phone. But for some reason the devices on guest network does NOT talk to each other. If i link my chromecast to Guest network and my iphone to guest network, i cannot see the chromecast? is there a way that they could talk to each other in the guest network.

It works perfectly fine on the main network, but i dont want to give away my main network password to my friends.

I believe it is made that way by design.

the whole purpose of the guest network is to have your visitors or others a simple connection to use your internet WITHOUT being on your private networks.

It is sort of like those free hot spots cable and others use.

0 Likes
tho9504

Is it possible to temporarily give access to talk between each devices connected on guest network by changing some setup on the router? 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tho9504 wrote:

Is it possible to temporarily give access to talk between each devices connected on guest network by changing some setup on the router? 

Very doubtful. I never use guests network but my close friends get full access. Yeah I know it’s risky but I trust them.

0 Likes