Fios Wifi issues after 5+ years
salisboss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had a G1100 for almost 7 years and all of a sudden I have developed the following issue:

Some devices (all household cell phones, one smart TV and our Peloton) keep dropping WiFi and saying no internet access until I reboot the router and only then for a little while. Our computers and Alexas  are connected fine.

I do have a second router setup as an access point  that is rebroadcasting the signal successfully as the computers connect to this signal. I do this because the G1100 can't spread wifi the length of my house 

Re:Fios Wifi issues after 5+ years
salisboss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also I noticed the 5GHz radio is enabled but the dashboard says it's disconnected and isn't sending or receiving packets.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Wifi issues after 5+ years
Dleo83

Any success in fixing this? I've reset router, factory reset router, factory reset phone... No success...

0 Likes
salisboss
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. Are you having the same issue?

0 Likes
Dleo83

Yes same issue. Phones trys to connect to WiFi and it says Connected to Device. Can't provide Internet.

I have the same router as well. Have had it for almost 5yrs.

I am also experiencing issues with computers using Google chrome browser. Other browsers work but have occasional issues.

Strangely enough if I turn off all mobile data and connect to the wifi network I can navigate Facebook and utilize it's features even though it says I have no internet.

Started early Friday morning 3/17. I'm in Long Island NY though I'm not sure that makes a difference 

0 Likes
codye91
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue, and it coincides with the issue posted after  yours on the forum. This issue resembles that of a poor DNS, as normal internet outside of google-related content seems to work just fine.

My speeds are still high, around 900/700, but websites are loading extremely slowly, and some messaging services are completely unresponsive. I’ve setup custom DNS, as well as taking all the normal steps in resetting devices as well. It is absolutely wrecking my Google Mesh network in my home.

I’m located in Virginia, but this issue started Friday morning for me as well. Seems to be effecting a lot of the east coast.

0 Likes
Dleo83

I have a very loose understanding of how this all works and at this point I have exhausted my knowledge of possible fixes. How does this get fixed if it is a DNS issue? I loathe speaking with Verizon customer service. Is it absolutely necessary to contact them at this point?

0 Likes
salisboss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting.  Have you resolved it? I ended up upgrading from the G1100 to the G3100 thinking the router was dying. 

How did you find out about the DNS issue?

0 Likes