Fios can't provide service promised. Bait and switch.
RG1011

We contracted with Verizon Fios on April 11th for 200/200 Mbps internet speed at a cost of $39.99 a month. It has been a battle to get service turned on even though we have a working ONT box in our apartment with full connectivity and a direct-wired fiber optic line into the ONT box. They claim that they can't find the circuit associated with the box. On top of that, they have used a different excuse as to why they can't activate service every time I call (about 4 times a day for the last 10 business days for approx 4-6 hours a day, basically a full-time job to GIVE them my business).  Now they want me to downgrade my speed to 50/10 Mbps at a cost of $69.99 a month and charge me a $99.00 installation fee even though the equipment is already installed. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios can't provide service promised. Bait and switch.
RG1011

Just to be clear we still don't have service activated yet, not for lack of trying. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios can't provide service promised. Bait and switch.
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're mostly talking to other customers here.  If you want to reach Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.  You can also try their social media support team via @VerizonSupport on Twitter.

Installs are complicated right now as Verizon's policies prohibit techs from entering premises due to COVID-19.  What they can do varies based on the installed equipment, it's location, and if Ethernet is present.  They are revising their procedures and policies frequently, which means information presented to you may change.  Contact their social media team for best results.

0 Likes