Fios internet outage ever 20 seconds..losing thousands $ because of it!!
doodboy

hi, verizon, i am constantly getting internet cut off like every 20 seconds internet cuts off n reconnects.  its big big problem for me as a daytrader( i trade night hours), where thousands of dollars are at stake. If i am to lose money due to these outages, who is going to accept responsiblity?? 

0 Likes
Re: Fios internet outage ever 20 seconds..losing thousands $ because of it!!
jonjones1
Legend

Unfortunately no one is going to pay you. Call 1-800-VERIZON 

have them troubleshoot the issues if there is one. 20 seconds?? Constantly? Maybe your router is faulty, maybe your inside cables or ethernet is faulty, could be any number of problems.

good luck trying to get that one over. Nice try though. Fast solution get cable internet and see if that is any better.

Re: Fios internet outage ever 20 seconds..losing thousands $ because of it!!
joe-nyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

any service provider is only liable for the service cost they provide, not the damage it's lack of reliability may cost you.  this is buried deep within any TOS you may have agreed to when signing up for fios.

you should immediately get a cellular hotspot for your trade station and only use it for trading, not your due dilligence.  the idea is to only use the hotspot for level-2 pricing and trade execution in order to keep your total gigabyte consumption well within the hotspot plan data cap.

then i would seperately document your intermittant fios service by running a pinggraph to some generic destination such as a DNS server, and a second pinggraph to the IP address from your trading host provider.  do this wired directly off the ONT or the Router fios provided.  this will enable you to document intermittant outtages, and distinguish if they are a connectivity issue or a routing issue.

do NOT expect verizon to fix this unless you are willing to document it's occurance.  i went through several weeks of issues to a financial websight that were eventually resolved only after persistant documentation and complaints to the specific parties involved.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/how-do-you-get-fios-to-correct-it-s-routing/m-p/841778

Smiley Sad