Flashing a D-Link DSL-2750B Router With D-Link Stock EU Firmware (2.02) is Possible
BeowulfSDR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just in-case anyone is wondering, you can flash the Verizon-branded D-Link DSL-2750B Wireless ADSL2+ Router with the EU 2.02 firmware (DSL-2750B_revB1_2-02_eu_en_20120424) without issue.

In order to flash, I just did a 30/30/30 reset on the router, and got to the flashing page. From there, I selected the .bin file, flashed it, and was greeted with the D-Link setup page. The firmware needed is for the B version (not D; not that it'll flash anyway though).

You will have to set some values up manually in order to connect to DSL though. For VCI and VPC, it's 0 and 35.

As for any improvements; I can't say I notice anything so far performance-wise. The firmware version and date seem newer though.

For issues, there seems to be a issue with saving PPPoE settings, but I'm not entirely certain. And when you connect to PPPoE, the connection works fine for a bit, and then the router resets (both restarts and resets settings). Not entirely certain if this is fixable, something specific to my router, bad flash, etc.

Setting the modem in bridge mode (make sure to enable the bridge service) and using a router with DD-WRT is problem-free though. Since I was doing this previously anyway with Verizon's firmware, this doesn't affect my setup at all.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Flashing a D-Link DSL-2750B Router With D-Link Stock EU Firmware (2.02) is Possible
BeowulfSDR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm, so apparently I was wrong (at least with my particular router) 😛

My DSL-2750B specifically is a HW model T1. And I flashed the B revision firmware onto it. The confusion came from D-link's own product pages and regions.

D-Link UK appears to only have support for B and D revisions: http://www.dlink.com/be/nl/support/product/dsl-2750b-wireless-n-adsl2-plus-modem-router

The AU page however has T1 support, along with much more up-to-date firmware: http://support.dlink.com.au/download/download.aspx?product=DSL-2750B&revision=REV_T&filetype=Firmwar...

I only found the AU page after looking for solutions as to why my router was unstable with the UK firmware (in other words; the AU page wasn't at the top of the results page or anything; only found it on a random forum post here).

So after flashing the 3.06 firmware on-top of the 2.02 firmware I had flashed previously, and it accepted it without issue. Did some initial setup, and the router is now working flawlessly without any instability. According to some posts, this firmware also fixes USB support on this router.

I could be mistaken, but latency seems to be a bit lower (60 average down to 30), but this could be from any number of factors.

So in-short; check your hardware revision, and grab the latest firmware from whichever site matches it, and you should have no issues with updating the firmware.

View solution in original post

Re: Flashing a D-Link DSL-2750B Router With D-Link Stock EU Firmware (2.02) is Possible
BeowulfSDR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm, so apparently I was wrong (at least with my particular router) 😛

My DSL-2750B specifically is a HW model T1. And I flashed the B revision firmware onto it. The confusion came from D-link's own product pages and regions.

D-Link UK appears to only have support for B and D revisions: http://www.dlink.com/be/nl/support/product/dsl-2750b-wireless-n-adsl2-plus-modem-router

The AU page however has T1 support, along with much more up-to-date firmware: http://support.dlink.com.au/download/download.aspx?product=DSL-2750B&revision=REV_T&filetype=Firmwar...

I only found the AU page after looking for solutions as to why my router was unstable with the UK firmware (in other words; the AU page wasn't at the top of the results page or anything; only found it on a random forum post here).

So after flashing the 3.06 firmware on-top of the 2.02 firmware I had flashed previously, and it accepted it without issue. Did some initial setup, and the router is now working flawlessly without any instability. According to some posts, this firmware also fixes USB support on this router.

I could be mistaken, but latency seems to be a bit lower (60 average down to 30), but this could be from any number of factors.

So in-short; check your hardware revision, and grab the latest firmware from whichever site matches it, and you should have no issues with updating the firmware.

Craig771
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, not happening. Verizon should have MADE IF **bleep** clear on a site like dslreport.com about how to manually flash this **bleep** they call a modem. You know who I am Verizon  It's pretty funny... my modem just lost syc while here at your site and has lost connection 3 times today. This has been going on for a long time. I won't say for sure if it has anything to do with the sites that I connect to that Verizon/gov doesn't like, or what. But what I do know is that this modem is **bleep**.

My suggestion in the future would be to give customers the westell or another modem, and that it not be manufactured in CHINA. That is all !  See because I don't care if it was shut of today, I have other options and will use the other options for internet service... good riddance.

0 Likes