For the past few days, maybe even a week I've been having dropped connection, and slow speeds.
TiredOfProblems

I've had so many problems with Verizon over the years, and quite frankly I'm really tired of it. As my subject title already states, I'm getting dropped connection, and slow speeds. Now, this is nothing new for me, I've experienced this before. After some quick searching on the forums, I immediately discovered I was not the only one with this problem. Given the number of people that reported this, I'd say it is a problem that needs to be addressed by Verizon. Considering how many of them were also throwing in the fact that if their problem is not resolved they would consider switching service providers, I'd say it is definitely in Verizon's best interest to start FIXING THE REOCCURRING PROBLEMS THEIR CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN ABOUT!

Now that I'm done ranting, I'm willing to provide any information that you ask me to provide to fix this problem. Otherwise, I'd like an explanation as to why this is happening from Verizon's end if there is nothing that I am doing wrong, considering I have not changed anything in my setup, and the connection problems occur on multiple devices, therefore I have no viruses or spyware.

Please contact me in this post, or in the e-mail provided in my community forum account.

0 Likes
Re: For the past few days, maybe even a week I've been having dropped connection, and slow speeds.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
Re: For the past few days, maybe even a week I've been having dropped connection, and slow speeds.
thelawstudent

I am having the same issues. I think the cable TV companies offer superior service, I am considering the switch. I guess I was blinded by the bundle deal.

0 Likes
TiredOfProblems

Why am I any different than another user? I have problems similar to other users, and there are verizon employees working on these forums. Why is nobody willing to just help me, I'm a paying customer and I demand help, why is it so hard to just listen to me? If the problems were fixed, I wouldn't be here in the first place.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Verizon does not monitor these forums. The employees who help out here, visit on their own initiative but are not required to do so. If you really need help, you need to contact Verizon directly.

0 Likes
TiredOfProblems

After contacting verizon my results were highly unsatisfactory. I got someone named Shweta , big surprise on the name right? Well Shweta proceeded to take incredibly long to answer any of my questions or respond to my answers, and since I gave her the information stating that my slow speeds and dropped connections happen on multiple devices she should have known that clearing my temporary internet files on my computer would not solve the problem, but I humored her in an attempt to see if there were steps she would take after clearing my internet to help solve the problem. She told me to restart my modem, so I did. Unfortunately as per usual, my internet did not come back on the first attempt at restarting my modem, therefore the live chat session timed out and disconnected me. I was happy to see that Schweta contacted me again in the Screen Sharing Session we had up, but to my dismay it the following happened. Verizon, you've been a big help so far. Now what do you have to tell me?

GoToAssist (09:53):
Your representative has arrived.

GoToAssist (09:53):
Customer Customer [008] accepted request to share screen.

Shweta (10:13):
Are we still connectyed?

Customer [008] (10:13):
No.

Shweta (10:13):
connected?

Customer [008] (10:13):
The session timed out
and kicked me off.

Customer [008] (10:14):
The first time I restarted the modem, the internet didn't even come back on.
Which happens every once and awhile when I restart the modem.

Shweta (10:17):
Okay.

Shweta (10:18):
I would suggest you to pleaseupgrade your speed package as you are provisioned for 1.0 Mbps/384 kbps

Customer [008] (10:18):
I can't.
I've tried it before.
I'm too far away from the service box.
The line is too long.

Customer [008] (10:19):
Upgrading to 3Mbps creates too much noise on the line
And makes the service even worse.

Shweta (10:19):
Thank you. I really appreciate your co operation and patience towards the live chat session.

Shweta (10:20):
In case you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help you and we will ensure that your concerns/ queries are taken care of in timely manner.

Is there anything else I may assist you today?

Customer [008] (10:20):
YOU DIDN"T EVEN HELP ME
You did basically nothing.

Customer [008] (10:21):
What's your employee ID number.

Shweta (10:21):
Please respond.

Customer [008] (10:21):
I did respond.
I asked you a question.
It took you 40 minutes to do what I can do in 5.
And I already know what you did, did not fix the problem.

Customer [008] (10:22):
What's your employee ID number?

Shweta (10:22):
Please respond in this chat window or else the chat window will become inactive.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Please post the Transceiver Statistics from your modem.

#2 If you don't know how to get that info:

a)  What is the brand and model of your modem?

b)  If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router: What is the brand and model of it?

0 Likes