Frustrating (No) Service Makes Me want to Cancel
studor

Due to a move I signed up for new internet service and canceled at my old Apt. 

1. Service was to start July 1, 2013.  I received a call asking me to confirm an appointment for a home visit by a technician to install new service on the 1st between 8:00AM & 5:00PM.  This was different info than when I purchased the new plan and was told the service would start automatically.  I confirmed the appointment and took that day off of work and the technician did not show up.

2.  I later received an automated call saying my service had been activated and to enjoy the internet.  I set up my modem and cables but no DSL connection was found.  I called Verizon and after a lengthy session with tech person I was told that the line had a signal for my (un-needed) bundled landline phone but no DSL signal and I would have to schedule another in home appointment (meaning another day of missed work)!

3.  I called support again the following day and was told to call back that evening when I was at home and another tech person would straighten it out over the phone.  I did and that person ended up (after 15 minutes of trying various things) saying we needed a new modem and one would be sent by UPS on the 5th.  He guaranteed that this would solve the problem.  My partner stayed home from work today and received the modem.  She set it up and got on the phone w/Verizon tech and was eventually told we would have to schedule an in-home appointment; she was put on hold for 23 minutes and the connection then hung-up.

4.  So now the weekend is here and still w/out service.  It seems we’ll have to take another day off and I imagine the earliest would be sometime next week for an appointment.  Tonight I discuss with my partner whether we should cancel with Verizon and go with another service that has “service.”

0 Likes
Re: Frustrating (No) Service Makes Me want to Cancel
CallanP
Moderator Emeritus

“Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.

It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via email or live chat at: http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”

If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes