G31100 can't connect to XBOX One
bobgold

Ive had a G3100 for a few months. My son uses an XBOX One and we had no problems connecting with the older router. I believe he connected with thsi new one as well a few months ago but now it wont connect at all. The XBOX recognizes the network and even says the connection is strong but no dice. Im able to connect every other device int he house to the network, no problem. Havent written in the XBOX network yet but if someone here has any tips i'd appreciate it

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G31100 can't connect to XBOX One
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Xbox should have a connection test function. Does it say where the problem is? For example is it unable to connect to the Wireless at all? Does it connect but not get an IP Address? Does it have "Strict NAT" and can't join games?

The Xbox may also have been blocked. If Parental Controls or, if Device Blocking is in use, see if the console ended up on any of the Block lists for any reason.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Xbox should have a connection test function. Does it say where the problem is? For example is it unable to connect to the Wireless at all? Does it connect but not get an IP Address? Does it have "Strict NAT" and can't join games?

The Xbox may also have been blocked. If Parental Controls or, if Device Blocking is in use, see if the console ended up on any of the Block lists for any reason.

bobgold

Smith6612

thanks for your response,

The error is "Can't connect to the Internet" It does not connect. Don't know what Strict NAT is? The XBOX is not blocked according to MyVerizon account.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you login to your router, can you see the XBox listed as one of the devices in the network?