GT784WNV Can not Connect to Internet
jdpina

Try to replace my internet router GT704WG with a GT784WNV but I can not connect on to the internet. I get a power green light on, green light on DSL, but no light on internet. I had to reconnect the GT704WG back on to get help for the  GT784WNV Router, I got the 784 just to upgrade. Had the other router for 2 yrs.

0 Likes
Re: GT784WNV Can not Connect to Internet
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
Did you purchase the modem/router? If so, Sounds like you need to enter your username and password. I can send you the username and password in a PM. I believe they are all the same but I could be wrong!
0 Likes
jdpina

Yes I bought from the Verizon Store. Do I need to enter password on my old modem/Router to set up the new one or when I turn on my new GT784WNV and enter the ID and password on the browser when I turn on the GT784WNV modem/router. The GT784WNV has a tag with a network name(SSID),Security Type,Key/passphrase, and WPS Pin is that what I have to enter on the wed browser.

0 Likes
jdpina

Also, please send me the username and password. I will try anything to get the GT784WNV connected to the internet.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The default usernames and passwords for the ActionTec can be one of the following:

admin/password

admin/admin

admin/verizon

Once in, if the password is password you will be asked to change it. Setup should be pretty straightforward once you locate the Quick Setup section of the modem. At most, you should just need to enter in your PPPoE username and password (in some areas this can be anything).

0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
Jdpina, I installed two Actiontec modems. However, they were not Verizon's Actiontec model. Like smith said once you get to the quick set up you just have to enter your PPoE username and password. VZ tech support gave me my username and password on the phone. It actually ended up being the same username and password on both accounts. My original replacement modem was a D-link DSL2750B that model just automatically brought me to the activation screen once I opened my browser.
0 Likes