Greedy Verizon with 1.593 Billion Profit Still Wants to Increase My DSL Price
eaw7100

Apparently, 1.593 billion profit in the last quarter is not enough for Verizon. See http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=VZ for financials. 

So they sent me a letter, stating that they are increasing my DSL Price even higher!!!!

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

We realize you have choices when it comes to your broadband services.  That’s why we would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for being a loyal customer and for choosing Verizon as your broadband provider.

We hope you understand that to maintain our broadband networks, from time to time we need to increase our rates. Your monthly rate will increase from $23.99 to $28.99 (not including additional services or, taxes and surcharges) and will be reflected on your bill within the next two months.  The new rate will remain in effect for one year. 

If you would like to review your account to see if you may qualify for savings by taking advantage of our bundles or if you have any questions, please log on to myverizon.com or give us a call at 1.888.214.3354. 

To keep your current service as is, no action is required, and any credits or discounts remain in effect until their original expiration date.  If you have recently upgraded to a new plan, please disregard this letter. 

Thank you again for your business and we hope to serve you for many years to come.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

0 Likes
Re: Greedy Verizon with 1.593 Billion Profit Still Wants to Increase My DSL Price
0user0

This is a spoof e-mail with a possible click-jacking attempt from the hyperlink.  I received a similar e-mail yesterday with the same toll-free phone number.  While the e-mail sent to me said the price was increasing, the new price was actually lower than what the e-mail stated as the original price.  I called Verizon this morning and according to their records there is no imminent increased monthly charge for my account.  

Also, I searched for the 888-214-3354 number and found it on a sample website for wix.com, which offers a "free" website builder ("easy and simple" way to create and edit them, but the full-featured version is a monthly subscription).  

Variations of this e-mail with the same phone number have appeared several times over at least the past four years.

0 Likes