Has Verizon begun to throttle services?
ajax0101

Has anyone noticed a decline in the quality of service when using a streaming device? The quality of service using my Roku on Roku with Live TV, Netflix or Prime video does not seem to be as good as it was when I first upgraded my Fios internet. By reduced quality I mean both quality of picture in general, and frequency of “buffering” during the stream. This is happening more eve when I have only one device connected to my WiFi.....

0 Likes
Re: Has Verizon begun to throttle services?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may be Internet congestion beyond Fios control.

One thing to verify is that your speed to Verizon is not affected.

When you see slowdowns, go to speedtest.verizon.net

Using a wired connection, verify that you are still getting your subscribed speed.

0 Likes
Re: Has Verizon begun to throttle services?
jonjones1
Legend

@ajax010 wrote:

Has anyone noticed a decline in the quality of service when using a streaming device? The quality of service using my Roku on Roku with Live TV, Netflix or Prime video does not seem to be as good as it was when I first upgraded my Fios internet. By reduced quality I mean both quality of picture in general, and frequency of “buffering” during the stream. This is happening more eve when I have only one device connected to my WiFi.....

WiFi is not a measure of speeds.

in fact using the Verizon speedtest site is only from your home to their servers. However it is not a real speedtest. It does not have the internet obstacles regular speedtest sites use. Loss of hops, internet congestion, rerouting etc.

i have not had any loss of speeds nor any problems streaming numerous services.

then again not many neighbors have Fios in my area so my gigabyte speed is not affected.

0 Likes