High Speed DSL? What a joke
FreakinNerd

Let me start this by saying I understand Internet speeds are not a guarantee. 

I recently called and spoke with a woman regarding possibly cancelling my service. She asked why and I told her I was not happy with the speeds. She offered to send a new modem to see if this corrects the issue and stated I should be closer to 7 Mbps.

The new modem arrived today and i was still getting speeds of about 1.8 Mbps down. I talked into tech support who looked at my service and stated I was in the 3 Mbps package and was able to get me up to about 2.95 Mbps.

He transferred me over to billing to speak with them as I told him I was paying for up to 3.1 to 7 Mbps. There I spoke to an extremely rude woman named Patricia who was with the company for over 11 years. She again told me I was in a 3 Mbps package and that was the best they could do. I corrected her that the package I was paying for was 3.1 to 7 and that it should not be capped at 3. She said Internet speeds are not guaranteed. I told her I understood that but I am paying for 3.1 to 7 Mbps and to explain to me why both people were saying I was in a 3 Mpbs package making it sound like I was being capped at 3 Mbps and would never see higher than that. She tried to explain the difference between DSL and FIOS rather than answer the question. 

She then asked me "What would you like me to do?" Rather than stating what she could do or that she would have someone come out to look to see if there were any issues with the lines (which she stated might be old and be why im only getting 3 Mbps) she asked me what I would like her to do. 

I ended the call stating I didn't care what she did and that I would be cancelling my service this week. 

As one of the only companies that provides Internet to my street (yes I do mean street since Comcast services just a few blocks over in the same town) I would just like to say congratulations on your rude employees you managed to keep for 11 years and congratulations on losing another customer who already switched their cell phone off Verizon as well. 

Hope everyone has a good day, especially Patricia. 

0 Likes
Re: High Speed DSL? What a joke
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FreakinNerd,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes