High Speed Internet? That's False
DrAlejandsur
Enthusiast - Level 2

High speed internet? That's false. I ordered this "bundle" thinking both I and my family would enjoy high quality internet connection and a good phone service. One that I can count on? That's yet another false statement. I must admit, the phone service is great; however, the internet is simply a joke. One cannot connect to anything. This is not something that has happened once or twice, this is daily. One simply tries to connect to simple things such as Google, and it won't work. For example: my son tries to play games, whenever he tries to, it won't connect. This is not what I'm paying for. This hasn't been happening for a day, a month, this has been happening for years. Since the day I got this. Don't bombard me with answers as if this is a problem on my side. If no one is willing to help, and solve this, I will be switching to Charter rather quickly.

Tags (2)
Re: High Speed Internet? That's False
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

Hello. Sounds bad. What have you done to try to resolve the issue(rebooting devices, reconnecting etc...)? Need some basic information in order to try to resolve the issue.  Also have you called Verizon for help?

0 Likes
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Dr. Alejandsur,

I could not agree with you more.  Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for fixing the problem.  But, then, neither does Verizon.  I know a few people who have Charter and are happy with it.  Maybe I should check into it too.

DrAlejandsur
Enthusiast - Level 2

Indeed. My brother has it, and he seems to be having no problems. 

0 Likes
DrAlejandsur
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I've contacted them, and what I've got back were things such as "turn off your router, then turn it back on" etc. None of these work, and I know this isn't a problem on my end. 

0 Likes
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

Ok. I see. Then let's get to the basics. The router you restarted. Is it a Verizon router/DSL modem or is it a router(linksys, netgear, dlink etc...) from a store? If you are using just a modem, then the next thing is to bypass the router and connect directly. What type are you using from your computer to the router? Is it wifi or connected via a Ethernet cable? Have you ran any speeds test? What speeds are you getting? If you have not, then go to a speed test site like www.speedtest.net or http://speedtest.verizon.net or myspeed.visualware.com  . I would test at least 2 different sites. This way you can get an average results. What speed package are you on? Prove this information. Then we can go from there.

0 Likes
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Neither have the people I know, Dr. A.  Have you checked Charter out yet?

0 Likes