How do I connect panasonic smart tv to wifi
Juliet5477

I recently purchased a panasonic smart tv.  All other devices in my house are connected to my internet either via wifi or wired.  When I attempt to connect my tv it connects to the router but will not allow it get out to the internet.  I have tried setting it up via wifi and wired both same results.  Tried caling verizon support and got the run around being connected to direct tv (which they have nothing to do with this issue) to various other people.  I plugged the network cable into the tv and left it plugged in over night rebooting the tv a few times to ensure it's firmware was up to date.  It was suggested to give the static ip through my router but there is no place to do this.  I searched under all the settings even googled it.  Fios is not available in my area.  I have the Actiontec Verizon High Speed Internet wireless n modem and router with a phone line hooked up.  

0 Likes
Re: How do I connect panasonic smart tv to wifi
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the specific model ActionTec? Verizon has given out several different models for DSL.

0 Likes
Juliet5477
Actiontec wireless router/modem 12VDC1A
0 Likes
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2

1. Go to the "Advanced Setup" tab
  2. Click on "DHCP Reservation" on the left hand side
  3. You need to get the MAC address of your smart TV.  It might be printed on the label on the back of the TV
  4. Enter the MAC address in the field that comes up, then select an IP address from the drop down box.  If you don't know what other devices on your network have an IP address already, maybe select the last one so you know it is not used by anything else.
  5. Write the number down.
  6. Click Apply.  Your modem might reboot.
  7. On your TV setup, enter the IP address that you assigned.  This should now always stay the same no matter how many times the router restarts.