How do I unenroll from paperless billing
nixomose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every month I pay my bill and every month they automatically enroll me in paperless billing, and every month I have to unenroll manually.

This time when  I tried to do it I got an error saying it couldn't.

How do I unenroll from paperless billing?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I unenroll from paperless billing
jonjones1
Legend

@nixomose wrote:

Every month I pay my bill and every month they automatically enroll me in paperless billing, and every month I have to unenroll manually.

1-800-VERIZON 

call them and tell them to make sure you are on paper billing. And to block any attempts to place your account on paperless. Very easy.

you can also do this from the Verizon account portal. Not the app. Through the web.

good luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you pay your bill?

Through Verizon site?

Through your bank?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@nixomose wrote:

1-800-VERIZON 

call them and tell them to make sure you are on paper billing. And to block any attempts to place your account on paperless. Very easy.

you can also do this from the Verizon account portal. Not the app. Through the web.

good luck

0 Likes
stevenkelber

What do you do when Verizon Fios informs you that you cannot unenroll from paperless billing and that there is no other form of billing available. I asked to be excused from the contract and they refused.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@stevenkelber wrote:

What do you do when Verizon Fios informs you that you cannot unenroll from paperless billing and that there is no other form of billing available. I asked to be excused from the contract and they refused.

You place a block on your bank account from further charges. And I would contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission (google them) since these are the government agencies that regulate Verizon.

there are many ways to pay other than auto pay. They send you a paper invoice (remove paperless billing from your online account) then the invoice will get sent to you again. You can make a one time payment through the web portal or through the app, you can pay at a Verizon Fios store or even a Verizon wireless corporate location.

you can stop any auto payment via contacting your bank or credit union. If you pay via credit card you can simply close it out and have them issue another card. This way Verizon cannot grab onto the number.

but contact those state agencies they will get you off auto debit.

this is one of the reasons I say NO ONE SHOULD EVER GIVE A COMPANY CONTROL OF THEIR MONEY. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes