How much is the FIOS Activation Fee
jjdrp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke to a sales rep on the phone yesterday about getting FIOS internet and he mentioned an activation fee of $49.99, then later in the conversation he said it was $59.99.  Looking online, I see offers that mention no activation fee. Now, I am second guessing whether I should confirm the order. 

Does Verizon have a standard activation fee and what is the justification for this fee?

Thanks

Re: How much is the FIOS Activation Fee
tns
Master - Level 2

They have an activation fee.  There is a large cost for starting up a FIOS user.  However there are lots of offers that waive the activation fee.  Not sure what the current activation fee is, it was $49.99 when I signed up, but waived.

0 Likes
Re: How much is the FIOS Activation Fee
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

It also frequently depends on the services, bundle, and length of contract you sign up for.   For instance, my installation/activation fee was waived when I first signed up -- but in returned I signed on for a two-year bundled with early termination fee if I cancelled.   There's also a fee for STB installatins beyond the first three which I don't believe is ever waive.   Hint here ... if you're already wired for more than three TV's throughout the home or you know what you're doing and do it yourself, you can potentially save money by only ordering three STB's with your initial order and then after you're up and running, call in and add the additional boxes in "self-install" mode.   They'll ship them to you free and just add the monthly cost for the additional box to your bill.

0 Likes