How to connect a Linksys AC2600 router to fios.
JoseTassara
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to use the WAN port of the exsisting fios router, but can get it to connect to the linksys. any hints would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to connect a Linksys AC2600 router to fios.
jonjones1
Legend

@JoseTassara wrote:

I am trying to use the WAN port of the exsisting fios router, but can get it to connect to the linksys. any hints would be appreciated. 

You don't connect that way.

first off the Verizon router is primary, it gets DNS then you take an ethernet cable from one of the LAN ports (there are 4 LAN ports & 1 wan port)  on the Verizon router and then place that into the linksys wan port.

however you must place the linksys router in access point mode in order for it to assign IP addresses. After that is done you can go into Verizon routers settings and turn off their wifi or you can leave it on. However there may be overlap of signals. Use the wifi from linksys if it has dual band wireless. It may be superior to the Verizon routers wifi but only you can judge that. 

If you don't know how to place the linksys router into access mode go to your owners manual or the linksys website and view how to do it there.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@JoseTassara wrote:

You don't connect that way.

first off the Verizon router is primary, it gets DNS then you take an ethernet cable from one of the LAN ports (there are 4 LAN ports & 1 wan port)  on the Verizon router and then place that into the linksys wan port.

however you must place the linksys router in access point mode in order for it to assign IP addresses. After that is done you can go into Verizon routers settings and turn off their wifi or you can leave it on. However there may be overlap of signals. Use the wifi from linksys if it has dual band wireless. It may be superior to the Verizon routers wifi but only you can judge that. 

If you don't know how to place the linksys router into access mode go to your owners manual or the linksys website and view how to do it there.

JoseTassara
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the information, I will try out the information tomorrow as work calls me for now.  Is the access point mode the same as a bridge?

Have a great day

Jose

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

From linksys 

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=143751

This should answer your questions.

Good Luck

0 Likes