How to file a complaint about misinformation obtained from a rep?
tankozavr

Hi all!

I spent about 3.5 hrs today on a phone being transferred from one department to another in an attempt to bundle my DLS internet account with my family mobile phone account. It all started with a conversation with one "VZN internet
" representative in the MA office who convinced me that it is possible to get a single bill for the two accounts and even get a $5 discount while doing so. After multiple transfers and holds two last representatives claimed that it is not possible to do and transfer my call to a "complaints department" that was apparently closed today. Therefore, after several hours of a "perfect customer service" my call was rudely dropped.

How can I get people who initially misinformed me accountable for this bad service?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: How to file a complaint about misinformation obtained from a rep?
KenJackson1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Write them a letter on paper and send it by US Mail.

Seriously.  Every time I've tried to call verizon about my account, it's taken a long time and been frustrating.  A couple times, I've thought I could surely do things on their web site quicker and easier.  But their web site is circular--that is, I keep ending up at the same page.

I think Verizon has a corporate customer-service strategy adopted from zebra trainers who found that if they make the zebras run through knee-deep water, they get so tired that they just obey and are easier to train.

BTW, how can you stand DSL?  Regardless of what company implements it, it seems to be bad technology unless you're lucky enough to live next door to the local office.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KenJackson wrote:

BTW, how can you stand DSL?  Regardless of what company implements it, it seems to be bad technology unless you're lucky enough to live next door to the local office.

I've been using DSL for a while. There's not much wrong with it besides the well known issues. The service is also as good as the provider treats the technology. If they leave the copper network to rot and leave the equipment to run near or at capacity, it won't be as nice. I'm two miles out from the remote, CO is 7 miles out and I get 5Mbps day and night. With my other provider, Frontier, they had congestion issues for years and they recently just fixed it. My line is once again, two miles with the CO being 5 miles away and I get 3Mbps on it. This line is in better shape.

But if you can get Fiber, go for it! If Fiber's not around but DOCSIS services are, then by all means go to that if the provider isn't keeping their plant in bad shape or keeping it congesteed.

0 Likes
AGzzt6

Contact your local consumer advocate and Better Business Bureau. If that doesn't help, the media is usually quite helpful resolving shady business practices. I'm assuming you've attempted to contact Verizon directly about your horrible experience and have had no luck. If not, start there.

0 Likes