How to get Verizon to plug a gap in DNS
mackline

The DNS servers Verizon has assigned to my account (71.252.0.12 and 68.237.161.12) aren't able to resolve the domain name choralis.org.  I've tried several other DNS servers from different networks, and they all have the entries for that name, which has been in DNS for years without interruption (and in fact, Verizon's own DNS servers were able to resolve the name until last night).  What's the process for getting Verizon to refresh their DNS databases?

0 Likes
Re: How to get Verizon to plug a gap in DNS
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unknown, but I can access that site using the DNS Servers here on my DSL connection with Verizon.

Maybe, it is now fixed for you too.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

It seems the DNS entry is not propogating properly.  

I agree that with the VZ Fios DNS Servers (same you listed below) will not resolve.  I switched my DNS to google DNS and it did not resolve either but when I used open DNS it worked fine.

Very Weird.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

I just successfully resolved the site using Verizon default FiOS DNS servers.  I then switched to the DNS servers mentioned in the post and they resolved correctly too.  I could also reach the web site.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Works for me too now.

I bet there was some type of DNS change and it hadn't propogated everywhere

0 Likes
mackline

Yes, the name is now resolvable by the Verizon DNS servers.  The registrar claims no changes were made to the source tables, so who knows where the gap originated.

0 Likes