How to setup MoCa Adapters?
Mbeck311
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am about to lose my mind. I have tried every possible configuration and nothing works. I have tried multiple different methods based off research and none of them have worked. I have two Actiontec 2.0 adapters and Fios G1100 router. 

Basically I am trying to get a hard wired connection from downstairs to upstairs PS4.  Here are some configurations I have tried. (See pictures) Can someone tell how to get this working? Whenever I plug the Ethernet cable from adapter to router it crashes internet.

Would greatly appreciate any help  

0 Likes
Re: How to setup MoCa Adapters?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You shouldn't have to use two adapters. You only need one because the G1100 supports MoCA. Disconnect the cat6 and MoCA adapter that is connected to the G1100. Then go upstairs to the second adapter plug in the coax and connect the ethernet to the PS4 and you should be online. 

Re: How to setup MoCa Adapters?
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your service from the ONT via coax or via Ethernet. I wasn't sure. I agree that you should only need one adapter and even if you use two, they should just negotiate along with the MoCA adapter in the G1100. I forget the maximum number for MoCA 2.0, but it's like 16 or more adapters should get along. 

I wonder if the information in this post would help? That is, is there a frequency collision of some sort going on?

0 Likes