I harbor more disgust for Verizon than any company I have ever been FORCED to use
JOSEPH123444

and there's nothing I can do about it.

Verizon owns the land lines in my area, so any other DSL provider is only leasing from Verizon. I found this out when I signed up with Earthlink in 2005, and found out my service was so bad it woudl not work.

My loop length is anywhere from 16,000 feet to 19,000 feet depending on who you ask.

My DSL went down anytime it rained for THREE YEARS, until i finally complained badly enough ( about 130 calls to tech support to prove to them that it wasn't on my end) and a guy in a bucket truck found my twisted pair hanging out in the rain, a mile up the road from my house.

SO what I had been telling them was right - it got worse when it rained - for THREE YEARS before anyone from VERIZON even listened to me.

SO now here I sit, sad sack that I am, still paying $51 a month for a phone with "Bundled" servicies I dont' want, I can't make a long distance call from my land line without paying $10 a month when I make ten calls a year,

MY DSL speeds are STILL only 0.8 Mbps download, about 0.3 upload

and the "chat" person just tried to get me to switch to some new thing that she said woudl save me money, but I coudl not find how to make the change on my screen because  - - - - well, hey, this is how REAL TIME communication works!

She tried to sell me DirecTV, and I have tried to explain to her that I CAN"T AFFORD THE DSL BILL I HAVE NOW, so where am I going to come up with the $100 a month for DirecTV?

Oh - and did i mention that for the last ten years, my name is still misspelled "JOESEPH" on my account (I can see it right now) and there have been at least 30 people over the last ten years who say "oh, I can change that for you!" = = and every one of them has failed.

WHat I want to do is get the CEO of verizon ON THE PHONE and say

"You are the worst example of everything we broke up AT&T for over 30 years ago"

And I can't change my crappy service, my expensive bill, or my misspelled name.

0 Likes
Re: I harbor more disgust for Verizon than any company I have ever been FORCED to use
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes