I see I'm not the only one with consistent DSL issues.
JustMakeItWork1

I'm getting thoroughly fed up with Verizon and the companies' inability to keep a consistent quality internet service. But Verizon sure has no issues with charging for bad service and even poorer customer support that is outsourced to script readers outside the US and put you on hold for obscene times. Perhaps I can get some service here before setting off for Comcast.

Now I'm not totally computer illiterate nor to networks and DSL setup on the whole, but when you call support you sure are treated as such and the staff act like lemmings having to finish reading their scripts until you yell at them to stop reading and start listening and thinking. I think you can see I'm at the end of my rope here and yet trying to remain civil which is difficult when the company and staff providing service don't listen and act stupidly.

I have had DSL issues in the past and have troubleshot every one starting from the basics; computer, modem(s), wiring, connections (inside and from the NID) and each time I could deduct the issue was not at the house, but the CO (DSLAM). First issue about two years ago went fairly smooth with calling support and having a technician sent out who subsequently agreed with me and phoned someone at the CO to check my connection and the port I was one was bad and when switched to another I was good for solid 5.1 Mbps down and normal up. About two months ago I started having connection problems with the modem having to be rebooted several times a week and then webpages started to load slow, stall and speed tests were coming up at about 3.8 Mbps down and .3 up. Well did my troubleshooting and since I have two working modems, one of which reports both incoming speed with potential speed (which Is higher than I get because I'm close to CO) I again determined the problem is not at the house but along the line or CO. So on to calling Verizon support which to date has been the worst I ever had dealing with. Technician sent to house, wiring fine and he tested speeds upwards of 20Mbps down at the NID! Now of course no Verizon customer is going to see those speeds via DSL but he could not find a problem but I still had slow speeds. He phoned the office to see if I was optimized which was then done and I briefly saw speed tests of 9.1 which, after the tech left, settled to 6.1 for a day and then 5.1 then back down to 3.8 and back to 5.1 and the speeds vary between those two areas even though I can get higher speeds. But! Even after being optimized and faster speeds, albeit brief, the throughput did not change and before the technician left I could show him webpages loading slowly and stalling SO.....there is still a problem that has not been solved even though Verizon would like to say...hey no problems bud. So if the moderator on here can get me an expedited service ticket with a US call center only I would be much obliged. I especially want to know what enhanced high speed internet plan I'm on, there's 3, as I'm certainly not on the 7-15Mbps as I should be. The information is not displayed on Verizon's website which funniest of all is one of the worst webpages to connect to, very slow loading, stalls have to refresh. From my understanding from DSLReports billing may have only control on this. I also want my connection at the CO checked as to why the throughput is so bad, slow and stalling webpages, and why download speeds are being throttled or de-optimized. I would also like to know why customer support is not supporting but I'll just settle for having working internet that I pay for...WORKING! It would also be nice for Verizon to give a month or two of internet credited but I'm not holding my breath. 

Thanks ahead for for any help, for if not I'm off to other services for everything...yup phone too.

0 Likes
Re: I see I'm not the only one with consistent DSL issues.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JustMakeItWork,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes