I was scammed by a Verizon representitive into another 2yrs.
lencho2

My name is Larry Torres Sr. One year ago I signed up for Verizon Fios. I have my TV, Internet, home phone, and cell phone all in one package. In order to seal the deal they offered one year of certain movie channels for a great price and told us after the year was up we could cancel the movies. We spoke with a rep named Francisco and told him we did not want the movie channels any more. He said fine he would remove them. I had my phone on the speaker so my wife could hear all the conversation between me and Francisco. Francisco was very polite and friendly. He told us he could save us some money with a different plan. My wife asked if there was another promotional bundle and he said yes. He told us what was available and we chose HBO bundle(this cost was $20) and our bill would stay about the same what we were paying, around $278. He told us it would be activated the following day. He gave us our verification number to confirm what we were getting and it would now be a new contract for 2 years. The next day we checked our movie channels and they were not working. We called Verizon Customer service and spoke with Roland. He then fixed the movie channels and we had to wait another day. Then our bill came and it say's we owe $323.65. We now have called again and now have spoken to a new rep named Linda. She was no help at all. Very unfriendly. She mainly said we had to pay this bill and have a good day. A GOOD DAY!!!  I am very upset and have contacted Consumer Affairs about this issue. If I do not get this issue resolved I will be contacting any TV News station that will help me out. I hope I don't have to take such drastic measures but I will do what I have to do.

0 Likes
Re: I was scammed by a Verizon representitive into another 2yrs.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lencho2

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes