IP lease not renewing - issuing same IP even after leaving router unplugged 8+ hours
rmarzell23
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past several days I have been attempting to get a new IP lease, releasing the old lease, and then unplugging the router over night.  When I plug the router back in the next day I am receiving the same IP address.  I've had this same IP address for quite some time now and want to change it for privacy reasons, as I regularly do, but for some reason the process I have been using for years - release, shut off and wait a few hours - is not working.  Why am I not receiving a different IP address after waiting more than 8 hours before reconnecting the router?  I've since tried using the MAC cloning feature and also unplugged the ONT, but I don't think unplugging the ONT will make a difference.. not sure about cloning a MAC address on the router.  Can anyone tell me what the issue is here?  Did my service change to a static IP without my knowledge?  

0 Likes
Re: IP lease not renewing - issuing same IP even after leaving router unplugged 8+ hours
jonjones1
Legend

Simply call 1-800-VERIZON request them to release and renew. They can do it from their location.

0 Likes