Increased Internet fees
cyitssunny
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, just got off the (landline) telephone with Verizon customer service AND the Retention dept regarding my increased (without notice) Internet fee. After explaining that I'm not working and my unemployment has run out, they explained that I can't get a discount because I only have the "basic" service plan. So this equates to if I spend more money (that I don't have) to get more services (that I don't need or use) THEN I can get a discount !! DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER???!!! The gentleman in the Retention dept explained that Verizon doesn't allow them to give discounts any longer and his hands are tied, which I totally undestsand, but when I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to, he said no there wasn't. Now, I've worked in CS and I KNOW there is always someone else you can speak to, to resolve an issue.

I've had Verizon service in my home for over 35 years, but the unwillingness to help out their loyal clientele in hard times is something that is hard to understand. I WILL BE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROVIDER, not ruling out pulling my landline out altogether, getting a cheap cell phone and going to the local Library to use the Internet for free , if I have to. Not to mention, speading the word on Facebook and anywhere else I can think of. I guess Verizon has never heard that a dissatisfied customer will tell 10 people, they they'll tell 10 people, and so on.....

Re: Increased Internet fees
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cyitssunny,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Increased Internet fees
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry we missed you. We hadn't heard back from you on your Private Support case.

As always, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. If you require further assistance, let us know, so we may work together towards a resolution.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes