Information about Verizon IPv6 trials
trenzy

Hello,

I've searched EVERYWHERE to find out information on how to get involved in the IPv6 trials that Verizon is doing for FiOS customers. I am a Verizon FiOS customer and am very interested in getting this service as I already work with IPv6 in my job. Is there a link to the service? How do you go about getting information on it?

Also, for the folks who may already be using the service, which router does Verizon provide in order for you to use the service?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Information about Verizon IPv6 trials
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@trenzy wrote:

Hello,

I've searched EVERYWHERE to find out information on how to get involved in the IPv6 trials that Verizon is doing for FiOS customers. I am a Verizon FiOS customer and am very interested in getting this service as I already work with IPv6 in my job. Is there a link to the service? How do you go about getting information on it?

Also, for the folks who may already be using the service, which router does Verizon provide in order for you to use the service?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

You cant volunteer for this. They have a set of preselected users (usually employees) in a single geographic area that test things like this. (most of the testing seems to take place in Keller, TX as the first area to get fios) These kind of tests also require upgrades on the network side, they only upgrade a single area until the bugs are supposedly worked out. Now once it gets approved for rollout nationwide they will likely take volunteers to make the switch once they upgrade your area (assuming that they dont just upgrade everyone). I talked to my buddy at tech support and they dont even know where the testing is done but in the past most testing was in TX. We just have to wait until it rolls out nation wide. Verizon will make a public announcement and press release when they do so, just like with any major upgrade to the systems. Thats likely the only time we will get any "official" info on it.

View solution in original post

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@trenzy wrote:

Hello,

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

You cant volunteer for this. They have a set of preselected users (usually employees) in a single geographic area that test things like this. (most of the testing seems to take place in Keller, TX as the first area to get fios) These kind of tests also require upgrades on the network side, they only upgrade a single area until the bugs are supposedly worked out. Now once it gets approved for rollout nationwide they will likely take volunteers to make the switch once they upgrade your area (assuming that they dont just upgrade everyone). I talked to my buddy at tech support and they dont even know where the testing is done but in the past most testing was in TX. We just have to wait until it rolls out nation wide. Verizon will make a public announcement and press release when they do so, just like with any major upgrade to the systems. Thats likely the only time we will get any "official" info on it.

Justin46
Legend

Verizon has a website for registering for participation in product trials:

https://www36.verizon.com/MM/Protected/TestTrack/SignIn.aspx

Presumably when and if they are ready to invite customers to participate in a test they will add an option there for you to sign up.

FWIW, I am in Keller, TX and I participated in the original TV rollout program and I have not heard or seen anything about an IPv6 trial going on here, meaning I guess that if it is being done here it is probably employees only at this point as spacedebris said.

Keller, TX 76248

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes