Ive had DSL with Verizon since about June of this year. About 4-5 days ago the connection started "pausing" every 3-5 minutes. It will pause for about 5-10 seconds at a time, then resume. The connection doesnt drop, but anything that is streaming pauses and then resumes. Needless to say this is extremely annoying for streaming video, and destructive when playing online games.
There is no need for me to reboot the modem or computer when this happens, the problem fixes itself after a few seconds.
I have tried rebooting everything, calling Verizon support. They said they saw some evidence of line errors, sent it to another office (I believe local) to do some testing, and then that office kicked back the ticket saying they didnt find any issues. Now they are sending me a new modem, which I am highly pessismistic about fixing my issue.
Anyone have any recommendations? Let me know what info I can post to help.
I have a DSL 2750B Verizon supplied router.
Sorry to hear about the problems with your service. Did the new modem fix this issue?
No, the modem did not resolve the issue. It was finally resolved, but only after draining HOURS from my life and me pushing the issue at every corner.
- I talked to numerous first line techs on the phone at 1800 VERIZON, who all wanted to try extremely basic troubleshooting over and over.
- 2 technicians were sent out to the house
- Call backs were promised after people visited, but then I was called by an automated system telling me my issue was resolved (it was not)
- the central office dispatched a tech and said they would work with them over the phone to troubleshoot the issue. When the tech arrived he had no knowledge of this, and had no idea of my case history.
- I spent hours on hold with various groups bouncing the call around and no one taking ownership (network solutions team, central office, intermittent connectivity team, others I cant even remember)
- Verizon obviously trains their call center people to express empathy and assure me that problems will be resolved, which sounds great at the beginning, but after you are on your 10th call and the person "assures me" that someone is working on the ticket and that it "will soon be resolved", it gets really annoying. If someone who can make a difference from Verizon is reading this, you have GOT to figure out how to get someone to take accountability for these types of issues and actually work internally to resolve the ticket.
The final issue was replacing some router on Verizons end of the line, which I was trying to tell people from the beginning of this issue. So frustrating.
Thank you to the person who finally fixed the issue, I never even got to talk to them to see exactly what they did.
If you are a Verizon manager and you are reading this, feel free to contact me to get the full details.