Intermittent Internet Outages on FIOS in Boston Area (began on September 18th)
dipaola
Enthusiast - Level 2

I all of a sudden on Thursday of last week started having all sorts of weird internet problems. I have several devices at home...iPads, iPhones, PC, Macbooks and they all are now experiencing random internet drops (wireless and ethernet connected devices)

I have called Verizon, they replaced the router and same problems exist.

I tried all of the alternate DNS settings on the router (Google, Level3, OpenDNS) to no avail.

Now Verizon is sending a tech to my home, but I'm positive the problem doesnt exist in my house, but they wont listen to me.

I have had Verizon FIOS for years without a single problem, the service and performance has been INCREDIBLE, until Thursday, and now it's not even reliable.

Can anyone help?

Does Verizon monitor these forums?

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent Internet Outages on FIOS in Boston Area (began on September 18th)
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help . Please click on the following link for assistance:

https://collaborateext.verizon.com/aims/aims/SocialMediaSupport.jsp?ID=dipaolaCustomerForums

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent Internet Outages on FIOS in Boston Area (began on September 18th)
dipaola
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thansk fro the link but all you did was provide me the live chat support link, which I have already done. I have already contacted Verizon and they have replaced the Router and tomorrow they come to troubleshoot the ONT, but I dont believe the problem lies within my house, as I think the problem exists on the FIOS network outsike my home.

Please assist in getting my case escalated with FIOS support.

0 Likes