Intermittently getting 5% packet loss due to Verizon's garbage bandwidth throttling.
yoshi2

I am about ready to quit verizon over this net neutrality violating bull**bleep**. 

I only use my network for two things:

Netflix/Crunchroll and League of Legends. The past several months, after I play more than a couple games of League of Legends, the connection to their servers gets throttled. I know its specific to Verizon because after I cycle my modem or walk over to my neighbors, the connection works PERFECTLY. In fact, the packet loss / long ping can be confirmed by attempting to check where the tracert fails -

its ALWAYS on the first hop outside of the Verizon network. 

{please keep your posts courteous}

This is not DDOS on their servers, I checked with other people in the same match. It ONLY happens with other verizon users. 

You guys disgust me. First netflix, now this. Give me a good reason why I shouldn't go back to Time Warner Cable? 

Maybe if you will run a FIOS connection to my part of the city, I'll listen. 

0 Likes
Re: Intermittently getting 5% packet loss due to Verizon's garbage bandwidth throttling.
ahfellows

Heh, right there with you.

Just swapped over from comcast and wow, do I regret it. im getting speeds of about 2/2 to 5/5 on a 35/35 package and nothing but failed updates on my mac.

Tried to update to iOS 8 ony my ipad... failed, tried to do it through itunes, told me it was going to be 138 hours.

Im seeing huge losses as well.

Calling Comcast next chance I get and switching back.

Hope it gets better, but plenty othere right there with you.

0 Likes
Re: Intermittently getting 5% packet loss due to Verizon's garbage bandwidth throttling.
Hubrisnxs
Legend
They aren't throttling. It's in there Terms of service. You probably have a different real problem that could be fixed
0 Likes