Internet connection always opens with xfinity; how do I stop this annoying pop-up?
Calcharmac

I just installed the new Quantam router, but each day when I start up my computer, the connection automatically goes to xfinity wi-fi and it's extremely annoying.  How can I prevent this from happening and have my wi-fi connect to my Fios router?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet connection always opens with xfinity; how do I stop this annoying pop-up?
jonjones1
Legend

@Calcharmac wrote:

I just installed the new Quantam router, but each day when I start up my computer, the connection automatically goes to xfinity wi-fi and it's extremely annoying.  How can I prevent this from happening and have my wi-fi connect to my Fios router?

Oops...

go into your network settings on your computers and find the SSID for your Fios router and select it. Then connect to it.

for the xfinity service select it in WiFi networks and select “forget this network” 

presto it is gone.

Sorry I misread I thought it was a browser opening page. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Internet connection always opens with xfinity; how do I stop this annoying pop-up?
jonjones1
Legend

@Calcharmac wrote:

Go into your web browser and clear the cache and cookies and settings.

then restart you computers be they desktops, laptops or tablets. Many internet providers inject their branding on your computer browsers. Clear all of them.

your Verizon router does not regulate xfinity 

also check the homepage setting in every browser and if set to xfinity set it to a web page like a search engine. (My home page is set to news.cnet.com) 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Calcharmac wrote:

Oops...

go into your network settings on your computers and find the SSID for your Fios router and select it. Then connect to it.

for the xfinity service select it in WiFi networks and select “forget this network” 

presto it is gone.

Sorry I misread I thought it was a browser opening page. 

0 Likes