Internet does not work when connected with Ethernet.
Brandon-S
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I have been having this issue after switching over to Fios. I use my computer for things like gaming, streaming, Youtube, Hulu and just other general things.  My PC is connected directy to the Verizon Modem/Router provided to us. For some odd reason I cannot use youtube without the videos buffering and autoing to 144p. Hulu and Netflix give me error codes everytime I am trying to connect to the site. I have done full malware and virus scans as well as general network and ethernet troubleshoots to ensure that there is nothing I am glossing over that could be an easy fix. 
I have seen people suggest changing my DNS to Googles open DNS as well as resetting my network connection. I have done this and it does not work.  

Just curious if anyone has had this issue or knows any solution to fix it? This is my first time posting so I am not sure what information would be useful to better help.  I am at a complete loss on what to do. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Internet does not work when connected with Ethernet.
gucciflames
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had a similar issue when I got service a couple days ago.

Fix for me was to disable IPv6 checksum in your ethernet settings.

Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Connections

Go into Ethernet properties then the Configure button.

You'll find TCP & UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6) under the Advanced tab. Make sure to disable those and see if it fixes your issue.

This fixed it for my PC.