Is It Possible to Reload VISS With a New Installed Windows 10?
mjsdcrawford

Is it possible to reload VISS with a new installed windows 10?

0 Likes
Re: Is It Possible to Reload VISS With a New Installed Windows 10?
jonjones1
Legend

@mjsdcrawford wrote:

Is it possible to reload VISS with a new installed windows 10?

Why would you want to?

verizon internet security suite is McAfee which is the absolute worst you could use.

it is very intrusive, it is buggy in that it slows up computer performance, and if you google it will find it is problematic in removing or even updating it.

i don’t recommend it and don’t bother with Norton/Symantec products.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Windows Defender + MalwareBytes + an Adblocker + disabling Adobe Flash is about the best thing you do can do to secure your computer. And of course, don't run the computer under an administrator user account.

jonjones1
Legend

@Smith6612 wrote:

Windows Defender + MalwareBytes + an Adblocker + disabling Adobe Flash is about the best thing you do can do to secure your computer. And of course, don't run the computer under an administrator user account.

Ha ha my mother in law has all that on her computer (I set three of them up for her) and a few days ago she calls me with this racket noise in the background saying her computer is infected and must call this 1-888 number. I told her to relax and just close her browser. It is a code made to scare folks into calling.

i went down and Adblocker, Windows Defender And Malwarebytes all said no incursion on her computer. So you gave a great solution.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Those websites can be a bit of a pain, especially with Microsoft Edge prior to the Creator's Update. I used to receive calls from folks all the time being redirected to those pages due to an advertisement. The fix for those was to always have them reboot, turn off their router, open Edge, "X" out of the page, reboot, and then turn the router back on again.

Or, if they had a copy of CCleaner installed, I could just use that to clear the session database for Edge so the site wouldn't keep appearing.

Simply force quitting Edge wasn't enough. The scripting on the site was designed to spam Edge with pop-up notifications so it would think the tab locked up. Re-opening Edge would just restore the very tab you want gone :-).

An Adblocker (especially with the anti-malware lists loaded in) does wonders to keep those calls away.