$540 via promo credit when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on postpaid Unlimited Plus plan between 5/18/23 - 5/31/23 & port-in req'd. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met.
I've been dealing with an ongoing problem with my Verizon DSL. During off times, my connection is fine. Anytime near "prime time", about 6-11PM, my connection is terrible. I will be unable to stream Netflix. Pings to online game servers go up from sub 50ms to 300-400ms. Speedtest.net usually reports decent speeds, but if I use other speed tests, I get less than 1.5Mbps(I'm paying for 3Mbps service). Using pathping, it appears that the latency starts at the very first hop out of my router, with some mild packet loss too. It seems to be a very local issue, as my friend a few miles away has no issues with his Verizon DSL. It's been getting worse and worse, with higher latency and lower speeds now than I noticed a few months ago.
My question is how do I get Verizon to deal with this? I tried calling, but the low level CSR can't really address my issue. In fact while they were doing my line test, my pings and speed went up temporarily, so the problem wasn't really apparent. They sent me a new modem(didn't change any of my issues) and suggested that clearing my browser cache might speed things up(a huge LOL at that).
I'm hoping the Verizon CSR folks that monitor these forums might be able to look into my issue. I would be very happy to provide more detailed information if it would help.
Go to DSLReports.com, create a user name, and post in the Verizon Direct forum. There you can be asked to have your line moved to a different router in the CO. That's definitely the problem, especially since you mention the first hop is where it is happening - that's when your line goes first after it leaves your modem.
The people there are super helpful and know a lot more than the tech support you'll get on the phone.
Thanks. I suspected some sort of load balancing issue at the CO was my problem. I understand that the low level CSR's can handle the "reboot the modem, problem solved" type issues that probably make up 95% of tech support calls. It's frustrating that they can't recognize an issue that needs escalation, though.
I posted on the Verizon Direct section of dslreports, so hopefully someone with the power to fix my problem will identify the issue and take care of it 🙂