Live TV Streaming
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2

If Live TV streaming is only available on certain devices like iPads, Android devices, Xbox 360, Samsung TVs and NOT computers, why does Verizon advertise this feature on a laptop in a huge image on their Live TV streaming page?

http://www22.verizon.com/home/livetv

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Live TV Streaming
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

If you click on TV networks there are some that will let you watch Live TV, such as Disney Channel etc. but what a pain to have to click on each network to see if there is a live stream avaiable.  Seems like the easy of watching Live TV is geared more toward Tablets and not PCs.  We have the Fios IPAD for the Ipad and that works but like you said, the same is not available on the PC.

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lmp4
Enthusiast - Level 2

you can  watch live TV on your laptop. i'm watching GH now on my computer.

0 Likes
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2

@lmp wrote:

you can  watch live TV on your laptop. i'm watching GH now on my computer.

That's not very helpful. Please tell me how.

I know you can watch a couple of channels live (ESPN, CNN are two that come to mind), but I'm not aware of being able to watch all the ones listed in the graphic live online, nor in one central location (you have to go to individual sites to watch).

0 Likes
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2

Anyone?

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry, can't help, but I agree. Other companies like TimeWarner have a PC option to watch live TV. It is one of the features that I truly miss from TWC.

0 Likes
ladyhawk0412

i have been trying for days and days to get live tv on my laptop.  I am bed ridden and really miss my tv programs.  i can watch sho, max and hbo, but i want live tv.  i can't find out how to make it work.  i've gone to help topic tv online and it is useless.  can someone please, please help me now.  8/11/13 @ 8:39 p.m.  thank you thank you.

0 Likes
greinstein
Enthusiast - Level 3

From this page, go to the "My Verizon" tab above--hover but not click.  In the "TV and Movies" column, click the first entry, "Watch TV Online"

Near the bottom, scroll through the "featured" networks available.

0 Likes
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2

@greinstein wrote:

From this page, go to the "My Verizon" tab above--hover but not click.  In the "TV and Movies" column, click the first entry, "Watch TV Online"

Near the bottom, scroll through the "featured" networks available.

When I click on the featured networks, I'm not seeing live streaming - just lists of available episodes to stream.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

If you click on TV networks there are some that will let you watch Live TV, such as Disney Channel etc. but what a pain to have to click on each network to see if there is a live stream avaiable.  Seems like the easy of watching Live TV is geared more toward Tablets and not PCs.  We have the Fios IPAD for the Ipad and that works but like you said, the same is not available on the PC.

Jim

0 Likes
greinstein
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes