MI424WR-GEN2 revion E and XBOX
traketo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my xbox 360 with the Wireless N adapter to my MI424WR-GEN2 revion E - firmware version 20.10.7.5. When I do a scan in my xbox to look for network, it doesn't even show up, and when I enter my network manually, nothing happens.

Has anybody have success connecting the 360 with this router? When I connect it with my cat 5e, it works fine, I'm only having problems trying to connect it with the wireless adapter.

Thanks,

Giovanni

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MI424WR-GEN2 revion E and XBOX
Hubrisnxs
Legend

does it see other networks?

if it does - then your router is probably just on a real crowded channel, and you can fix that by changing the channels.  To change the wireless signal, you can do that in the router.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1

user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it. Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel  1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply.  after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6,     test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

Also take a look at page 2 of Actiontec's Wireless PDF File.  It gives you some idea's with regards to position and orientation of where the router sits and how it can best be positioned for maximum coverage.

Also, please take a moment to look at Actiontec's article, re: How to improve wireless networking with the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router (recommended)

View solution in original post

Re: MI424WR-GEN2 revion E and XBOX
Hubrisnxs
Legend

does it see other networks?

if it does - then your router is probably just on a real crowded channel, and you can fix that by changing the channels.  To change the wireless signal, you can do that in the router.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1

user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it. Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel  1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply.  after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6,     test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

Also take a look at page 2 of Actiontec's Wireless PDF File.  It gives you some idea's with regards to position and orientation of where the router sits and how it can best be positioned for maximum coverage.

Also, please take a moment to look at Actiontec's article, re: How to improve wireless networking with the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router (recommended)