MI424WR REV 1 Network status logs.
bfgcb
Enthusiast - Level 3

We exchanged routers due to frequent drops in internet connectivity (Wired and wifi). The new router is experiencing the same issues, which are increasing in frequency and duration (multiple times perhour, and as long as 5 minutes). Most of the time when we lose connectivity the router is pingable, occasionally it's not. I wanted to view the logs and paste the data into a ticket, but the only log I've found so far is the security log. I REALLY REALLY do not want to set up my own status check to montitor and log network drops, nor do I want to run to the router and check the wan light to see if the router has external connectivity. Surely there's a syslog for network status. Can someone share the location?

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR REV 1 Network status logs.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you hardwired? If that can't ping router, might it be computer issue?

Any error lights on router?

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR REV 1 Network status logs.
bfgcb
Enthusiast - Level 3

The ping fail to external IPs is in multiple systems, including 10baseT and wifi devices. This morning for at least 30 min the net was down. I could ping the router but not past it, again on multiple devices. I reset the router, still no external net. The wan connection on the router was green and blinking, but we had no external access.  Since I've been through this before, I pulled the backup battery and unplugged the wall box, then replace/replugged and shortly after we had internet again. 

At this point I'm going to find a network monitor so I can track the intermittent outages since apparently the fios router is so primitive it does no logging other than basic auth/sec. I'm also debating about getting a mifi device, through a different vender as a backup, since it's essential to have a working internet. 

0 Likes