Magicjack does not work properly with internet...
tj1102

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 with Windows 7 Professional OS and I currently have a Belkin N150 wireless adapter that connects me to Verizon Internet. There are 2 main problems that occur EVERYDAY that I need assistance with...

1. I have a VoIP system, Magicjack Plus, that has never gotten great service since I purchased it and connected it to Verizon's internet service. I have numerous dropped calls and when a call is sustained, I suffer from sound quality issues that make the call unbearable for my listeners. I run an online business and I need quality sound through my phone, as it is the life blood of my business. Can anyone tell me if they have MagicJack running on their Dell Optiplex 755 and if so, are you experiencing any of the sound quality issues I am and if not, how do you have it set up? The 2nd issue is along the same lines in that I have to re-boot my computer at least 3-5 times a day. I feel that the speed or connection is causing this. Can anyone help?

Should I use a more powerful wireless adpater?

Should I use an AC-Powered External Hub for the Magicjack unit?

I look forward to any help I can get!

0 Likes
Re: Magicjack does not work properly with internet...
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

WiFi could be the problem.  To rule it out, try a wired Ethernet connection.  If everything works better, you'll know WiFi is the problem.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
tj1102

That is not an option...The router is in a different from than my computer and neither can be moved...

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it a temporary option?  Can you get a long Etherent cable to test with?

WiFi can be quite troublesome for VoIP.  If you can test with a wired connection you can quickly find out where you need to focus your energies.

Good Luck.

0 Likes