Migrating account email after family member has died.
miminiece1

I have already spent hours on the phone with 9 different "tech support" people in an effort to fix this problem.  Other family members tried before me, but it's clear at this point that tech support will be no help, so I am reaching out to see if others have found a solution for this.

The problem has been moving my aunt's verizon account to her name after my uncle passed earlier this year.  They screwed up changing the name on her account beyond all belief.  They didn't make a name change, they created a whole new account, did not help her set it up properly, did not move her information, like her email address, to the new account, and left her paying for internet she was not receiving for 3 months.  I got her account set up so she now has internet access, but even after giving away a ton of personal information and even emailing the death certificate (by request from tech) they still have not moved her email over from the old account.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to solve it without having to completely change the email or move to another company?

0 Likes
Re: Migrating account email after family member has died.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes