More than 768k upload on DSL?
v2s3t4a

fios not available, any way to get "special deal" option of say 1.5M upload (maybe using my own modem)?

0 Likes
Re: More than 768k upload on DSL?
Cora
Contributor - Level 1

Many entry level dsl subscribers are unaware that Verizon upgraded their entry level speed from 768k to 1M (1000K) in October, '08.  (See dslreport's "Verizon Again Tweaks dsl Bundles -

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizon-Again-Tweaks-DSL-Bundles-100081. )

When I read the article in January '09, I immediately opened a chat with Verizon's tech support at 2 am, who upgraded my speed within 2 hours.  Of course,  I was very fortunate since I was initially told it would take 2 days.

Since that upgrade, I have opted to pay a little extra for a 6 months trial at a higher speed which I intend to keept at the end of the trial.  I would suggest you call Verizon's Customer's Service and discover which speeds are available for you.  But please remember to request your free upgrade.  Some of the posters in dslreports forum reported receiving a free upgrade up to 1.5M

Cora 

0 Likes
FieldT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't know of any DSL that has an upload of faster than 768K  the last poster I think was talking about download speeds. You could buy two DSL lines and network them together to get double of 768K, not sure how to do that but was told it can be done. You would be paying double the price and hopefully where you are at they can sell you DSL without you having to buy dialtone for the second line.  Hopefully Fios comes your way soon

0 Likes
Cora
Contributor - Level 1

Field T is correct.  I was referring to the download speed. I apologize for not reading your post more thoroughly. I also will be happy when FIOS comes to my area.

Cora

0 Likes